Mocha Buttercream Chocolate Cake
1 Cup Sugar + 1/2 teaspoon
3/4 tsp of Baking powder
3/4 tsp of Baking soda
3/4 Cup Flour + 1 Tbsp. (Unbleached white flour, Cake Flour, All Purpose Flour)
1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder + 1 Tbsp.
1 Egg (egg white and egg yolk separated)
1/2 Cup of Milk
1/2 Cup of Warm Water
1/4 Cup of Oil (Sunflower Oil, Canola Oil, Coconut oil)
1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
Mocha Buttercream Frosting
6 tbsp Butter
1 cup Powdered Sugar / Confectioner Sugar
1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 tbsp of Coffee extra fine grounds / Instant Coffee
1/2 cup Whipping Cream
1 1/2 cups Semi Sweet Chocolate Chip
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Prepare your cake pan (I use 9 1/2 X 2 1/2 pan).
3. For your cake butter, mix the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, milk, water, oil, egg yolk and vanilla extract on a bowl then set aside.
6. On a separate bowl whisk the egg white until it is bubbly. You can use a hand mixer or stand mixer but make sure that you will not go to the peak stage like icing just enough bubbly peak. I usually use hand mixer on maximum speed for 40 seconds to 1 minute for this.
7. Combine the cake butter and the egg white by folding it using a spatula. (Do not use balloon whisk as we don’t want to lose the bubbly egg white)
8. Gently put the butter into your cake pan.
9. Bake it for 18-27 mins. To check if the cake is done, get a toothpick and stick it into the middle of the cake, pull it up, touch it and if the toothpick is dry and no more wet ingredients, it means it is done and ready.
10. While Waiting for the cake to cool down do the mocha butter cream frosting and the ganache. (see instruction below)
11. Get your cake and cut it in half. Pour in the ganache and spread it all over the cake.
12. Put half of your cake on top, pour your mocha buttercream frosting, spread your frosting and make a design you want
(I’m not super good on designing but the taste of this cake will make you feel like in heaven 😛 Happy Eating)
For Chocolate Ganache
1.Boil your whipping cream by the pan or microwave it for 1.5 mins.
2. In a separate bowl with your semi sweet chocolate, pour in the hot whipping cream and let it seat for 20 seconds then stir it until you form a nice ganache.
For Butter Cream Frosting
1.Melt your Butter thru heat or microwave it for 1-2 mins on a high heat. (make sure not to burn the butter).
2. Let the butter sit for 2-3 mins to cool down.
3. Sift the powdered sugar and cocoa powder in the butter.
4. Add the coffee and Vanilla Extract.
5. Using your hand mixer/ stand mixer mix it until well combined and firm like an icing.