Good for 3 persons
1 1/2 Lbs – 2 lbs Pork Belly
1/2 cup Mirin ( 1/2 cup Sherri + 1 1/2 tbsp of sugar will work )
1/2 cup Soy Sauce
1 cup Sake
2 tbsp Liquid Amino
1/2 cup sugar
3 cloves of Garlic
2 medium size Shallot
3 Onion Spring
1 tsp Rice Vinegar
1.Preheat oven to 275 degrees F
2. Tie the Pork with a cotton twine. Make sure fatty part will be outside.
3. Combine all the ingredients in a sauce pan except the pork belly to make a marinade.
4. Bring all the marinade to a boil.
5. Remove the marinade from the heat and add the pork.
6. Make sure to cover up the pork belly with the marinade before you put it in the oven
7. Cover the sauce pan with aluminium foil and let it bake for 2-3 hrs.
8. Slice the pork belly and serve. Enjoy!
2 – 3 tbsp Corn Starch
2 tbsp water
1/2 tbsp sugar (optional for sweeter flavor desired)
1.Dissolve Corn starch in your water
2. Bring the chashu marinade to a boil
3. Stir the dissolved cornstarch and water then slowly pour it to your chashu marinade.
4. Stir the marinade then wait til the marinade become thick enough but still a little runny.
Do not over boil the marinade or it will taste burned
You can also strain the marinade before making the sauce.